Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pre-Shipwreck pix recovered!


This is early on in the experience, we dragged the boat over a sandbar into the marsh and kept paddling. It was totally an "African Queen" experience minus the hippos. There were bullfrogs, eagles, and herons though.




For the record, I made Carl wear the tie-dyed shirt.




Note the open water, that's where we were when the boat capsized. Granted we capsized after everyone along the shoreline came out to their docks to watch the scene unfold. A bit mortifying for my pride and I given I grew up here. This is all while a large power boat was attempting to drag us into safety. Doesn't really work when the wake sinks the boat. Live and learn and have fun doing it!
Oh, and it was the perfect situation to break in my Chacos and Ex Officio shirt -- they both performed admirably.







1 comment:

Jose said...

Hey Heather, I am sorry I have not written back, but thanks for the candy, all 6 pounds of it. I have not gotten it yet cause mail is slow and it takes up to 2 months to get here, you will soon find out, but I am going to check again later this week cause I want my chocolate!!!

We are also planning a Togo meets Benin party this October, so look forward to a good time. You are going to love Togo and Africa.