Sunday, May 6, 2007

Packing

OK, just a little something here in case it doesn't like for people to subscribe when there's no real blog.
So, I am packing away. I mean how do you honestly pack for 2 years? I have like 20 pairs of underwear, a french press (I like my coffee and I like it strong), and duct tape. I mean really. I have to dress for potentially pooping my pants and being at the ambassador's house all at the same time. Are you catching my drift?
It takes me ages just to get dressed in the morning and now I have to add no-stick frying pans and handcrank shortwave radios into the mix?
Shannon, I think I may need to bribe you to come up to Harford County and help my ass before I go a little batty.
In the meantime, you can find me in the Dr. Bronner's aisle with armloads of ziploc bags, m'kay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I haven't been to any of your going-away parties, but let it be known that I wish you the best in this mad adventure you're about to embark upon! I suspect it's going to test you in ways you've never dreamed of. Good luck! Dr. Duncan

Heather said...

Thanks Dr. D! You know, you still have time to make it to the very very last going away party on the Chespeake -- 6/2 at 4pm. I can email directions. Regardless, if you would like I can try and send video of me teaching the GP in Middle English to those in my village. That'll stop those freshmen from complaining!

GM said...

Don't forget your mosquito netting!

Unknown said...

I can totally relate to the packing frenzy. I just ordered 15 space bags and have been packing my kitchen for the last two and a half weeks! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

Pboogie in So Cal said...

Hey Heffer..kidding. I am beyond excited for you and all of the living notches you are about to add to your life rope. I am looking forward to you reaching a point of semi settled so I can come and visit to get some of my own, but in the mean time keep using sun block & taking zinc. I've always known you would take on the world, even back in the boaring days of HoCo. Blaze on girlfriend, blaze on.
Peace & Blessings and SAFETY!

By the way we have a brewery in S. Africa once you are settled I'll see about getting you some Heineken.

luv u lots
Patrice