Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Foreign Service Oral Assessment

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am on to the next step in becoming a Foreign Service Officer (aka diplomat, or just plain dip).
I submitted a lenghty application (worse than Peace Corps' actually) in June I think, took the written Foreign Service Officer Assessment in July and found out I passed in September.
Since then the Qualification Evaluation Panel has been reviewing the application ( they don't look at it unless you pass the written) and checking references, etc. It is possible to pass the written and still not get invited to the Oral (common, actually).
Well, I got my invitation to take Oral exam today! I have to be in DC sometime between January 29-April 7. I schedule my test date on December 15th so I will let you know more then.
I am very excited and very proud of myself for having come this far (what? you've got be your own biggest fan:)
As for other news, am very happy and very busy in Lome working at the International School and living life. Still going to South Africa for Christmas.
Much love to all; I miss you.
Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay, yay, yay for heather...just as i go to call you...now, my free moment, i realize that keith has taken my phone...accidentially, nonetheless, i came here to find your number...no luck, i guess i'll just call m&D heidi