Friday, August 3, 2007

Request

Sean- If you know of some sort of laptop cover that would have been useful in the dusty season in Afghanistan, please send as I will be working during a similar dusty season with winds off of the Sahara. Also reserch project for Fells Point crew, Dr. Nikolov at Towson Dr. Tainson or Dr. Duncan can you please give him the blog address?), or if Javier knows anyone in Anthropology at Hopkins. I would like to read all available research and fieldwork on the Tamberma and also the Betamarimbe people in North East Togo and the latter in Northwest Benin. They live in the Tata Somba houses. Not only would I like to be well-informed in order to effectively and sensitively do my work, but also in my spare time see if I can add to the body of existing knowledge or a future PhD thesis of some sort. Please communicate through comments sections so there are no duplication of effort. It's OK if the sources are in French, but English is always preferable and I'll take what I can get. Also a small phonetics/linguistic book would help as the language I'll be learning is probably not written and is not used beyond the area. I would really appreciate as much help as possible as technology is beyond my grasp and academic libraries a long plane ride away. I know this is asking a lot. If the professors are helping maybe they could craft an assignment around it? If money is needed for shipping or book purchases, please contact my parents and consolidate effort there as well. I can't thank you enough. Hopefully, this will make my work more effective and also create sensitive tourism and approaches.

Love,

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think Heathers OK with the case now, right Heidi? and is she actually going to a different village-she found out for sure right?
just checking...